Thursday, March 27, 2008

Links

Excited? YOU BET!!

One day to go...

Chaos is the buzzword around here and 'crazy' will be the mood this time tomorrow in the middle of Manchester...

All the necessary cleaning here has been done in anticipation of our guests, supper ingredients for tomorrow night are within easy reach and I've damned near broke my back getting the carpets clean (we both have long hair which easily finds its way into the carpets and have to sweep up hairballs first before attempting to destroy the vacuum cleaner..)
I'm taking a little break from all the housework for the moment and while I sit here writing, I'm thinking a day ahead of myself... which is wrong in some respects, but right in others, sometimes it's good because although normal people can preempt stuff, I think I've gone through absolutely every possible scenario whether it's right, wrong or just plain stupid.

The excitement level here has meant that my backache from all the housework was purely and simply because I allowed myself to get (literally) swept away in it all... it's not every day that Jean Michel Jarre visits to do a concert and it's not every day I get this excited.
I've managed to reach a level of calmness otherwise, although, in town the other day, some busker had a little pipe organ playing... I don't know what tune it was playing, but I could only hear 'Band in the Rain' - this was not a good sign! It just raised the excitement level up a notch and when we walked past it a second time, to my ears and poor addled brain, it was still playing 'Band in the Rain'.

I can't win.

Tomorrow, I'll have to give in to the excitement and will love every single moment of it. Yes, I am something of a syth lover - always have been... I absolutely can't get enough of electronic abstract ambient either... there's just something about it that I can't define that makes it all the more wonderful and if you've been following this, then two of the links you'll see above each post will direct you to some of the stuff I've created over the years.

For those going to Manchester tomorrow - I'll be the identifiable little thing with a purple jacket, black cardigan, white teeshirt, jeans and a handbag the size of a suitcase.
(Travel light? Impossible!)
I'll also be the one stood outside smoking too... (I can't stand being trapped inside permanently sometimes.. need air...!!)

Labels: