Saturday, March 07, 2009

Links

Curse you, microphone!!

As you’re probably aware, there have been some issues here regarding the microphone I use to broadcast… well, after exploring and delving deep into this problem, the conclusion is – it’s been the microphone at fault all this time!

It works… but only if you plug it in three quarters of the way. After spending more time than is healthy trying to get the bl**dy thing to work, I’ve had to admit defeat. There’s one screw holding it together but as yet, I can’t seem to get into the actual mechanisms to do anything about it and yes, I have taken microphones apart before – so give me some credit…!

I also admit to not having had much time to sort it out and it does mean that from now on, I’ll have to pre-record any talkover bits in advance of the live Sunday broadcast. I do have a spare mic, but it’s on a headset and won’t work with the mixing deck at all.

It means that we definitely need a new microphone at some point. For now, I’ll just have to find the time and a quiet spot to record whatever it is I’m going to say and hope that we acquire a new mic sooner rather than later… 

Afterall, it’s not like a microphone can tell you it’s pretty much as good as dead…

And at least in some ways, I can work this to my advantage.. mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!