Sunday, April 23, 2006

Links

Test Transmission on old slow computer

ok, so that went fairly well. A couple of things that I knew would be a problem were halted prior to any sort of transmission happening - such as the closure of email programs and MSN.
I kept mIRC running and kicked open a channel on ircnet called #cygnusradio which, as of now, will be the chatroom home for my show until I can say without certainty, that the current cygnus chatroom won't consume 60% of my CPU - which at the moment, it currently does - and I can't keep doing that, not with only 700mhz of processor at my command.
I've looked all over the internet for the necessary bits that we desperately need - and by crikey, we do need 'em!
This current machine is all fine in theory - but don't please push it too hard... it doesn't bloody like it!
That said, it held pretty good for the test transmission I did, so, with that in mind, next Sundays show will be conducted in the same manner - and you DO NOT need an invite to join in! As always, coffee is meant to be shared with friends - be it the actual caffeinated coffee (or de-caff..), a mug of steaming hot tea or whatever.. even the AUDIO sort hehehe... where there's a will and a determination, there's a way. And if there isn't a way - heck, we'll MAKE one!
But thats it confirmed... the show WILL go on! The Coffee that is the stuff of life on a Sunday morning WILL CONTINUE!
Right, now I got that said, I look forward to your company next Sunday at 7am Eastern time (USA), 12 noon in the UK and 1pm across most of Europe.
and don't forget... IRCNET and #CYGNUSRADIO - why? because for now, it has to be that way...
Until the situation here looks a little rosier.............