Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Links

What a week already!!!

... and it's only Tuesday.
Yesterday marked a new level of cuteness - all captured on webcam (rather poorly, I admit)which will be uploaded somewhere over the course of the next 24 hours or so.
Ok, the squirrel decided to have a look inside our kitchen and it's a film you don't want to miss if you're squirrelified like I am. The unedited film is called 'Squirrelscape' and is approximately 9 minutes of furry goodness which,like all good films, gets better the more you watch it.
Last night heralded the arrival of the fire brigade here across the road as some containers the council have been using went up in flames - and I know that it was deliberate as kids had been seen prior to the fire starting hanging around in there.
Like, they're bored already? they've another week and a half off school!
I remember being that young, we had to make our own entertainment up and it was always that way that we never bothered anyone but ourselves.
How parenting has changed in that time... do you really know where your kids are? are you really bothered? because.. if you're really that much of a proper parent, you'd ensure 'little Johnny' and his mates aren't up to trouble - drinking, drugs, setting fires and menacing people (on whatever level).
So, I'll leave this post be now.
It's wet outside and I have to go out at some point. I'm out of nuts and squirrel deserves his/her own weight in nuts after yesterdays display of absolute cuteness.
I also backed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Saturdays 'Grand National' and need to pick up the winnings, and also a ball of wool...
Since getting into 24 and as someone who can't sit still for a minute, I decided that the only way to keep my backside stuck to the seat to watch episodes, was to make a blanket. I got a crochet hook.. I got me a massive blanket made already.. but I refuse to watch the last two episodes on dvd without any wool.
I'm a lousy spectator... I have to be doing something...