Thursday, March 16, 2006

Links

Grrr..................!!

Ok, I really am beginning to hate myself...
Not only is it bad enough watching Gordon Ramsay go off on one humongous swearing fit, but when you start watching episodes of '24' and then toddling off to beddybyes after eating a sumptuous piece of cheese on toast laced with a little marmite, it's another thing when your mind becomes embroiled in a dream where Jack Bauer decides to wander into Gordons kitchen unannounced.. people... dreams is weird sh*t.... lets not continue on that one because that scenario kinda goes off on many tangents.

I've been really busy again. I wish I could stop, but as the world turns, so too must I. There's laundry to do by hand (still no washing machine), there's food to prepare and cook, there's dishes to wash, there's a couple of tv programmes to view to relax and of course, there's a radio show to host, courses to attend and squirrels to watch in the garden.
Not to be outdone by anything or anyone, but the news this week, or rather, today is that our kettle has died.
So for boiling water, we must now put a jug of water into the microwave and nuke until hot enough for coffee... (seems to take about 5 minutes on full power...)
Seems I have a thing for killing kettles - this is the fourth one now in almost 7 years. Maybe I should line their dead bodies up and display them like trophies - or maybe I should just get a new kettle... or maybe not. I dunno. I think it's safer nuking the water at the moment - its also freed up a little tiny bit of worktop too that I haven't seen for...ooo... ages.
Seriously, funds are tighter than the BeeGees trousers in winter at the moment and a new water boiling contraption will have to wait until such time as funds are looking somewhat perky. I will accept donations via paypal. Email me on that if you're serious. Please. I mean it...

[update]My mother had a spare kettle (one of three, apparently) so our problem is sorted out for now :-)[/update]

And todays weather is awful. Today it's been snowing on and off all morning. Why oh why is it the weather people always look like they want to collapse into a fit of manic laughter when they're telling us its going to be bad weather? bunch of sickos.. but thats just my opinion. I read cloud formations, watch animals and dress accordingly.
It's MARCH and it's like.. "are we stuck in January?" well.. are we? Spring is only a matter of days away. The birds are chirping, the squirrels are just... adorable and cheeky and looking cuter than ever and certainly.. getting closer...
so-what-do-you-have
"Can I have a nut this big next time please?"

So anyway, coming up over the next few weeks on Audio Coffee:

26th March: Lantern Procession Radio show special (procession is actually on the 25th, the night we in the UK/Europe put the clocks FORWARD ONE HOUR)

2nd April: HOLIDAY!!! heck, I think I've deserved the break! :-) (Hartlepool again, and no, it's not bad.. it's quite lovely actually!)

9th April: Show as usual...

In the planning:

A cookery show (why? I dunno..)
More outside broadcast stuff
More Coffee Cup Challenges


Right now, I need some R&R. Next update will appear when I'm not so busy!