Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Links

Life on Mars (BBC1) Mondays 9pm (UK time)

What an absolute cracking series! Not only has it got my attention 100%, but... it's filmed right in the parts of town where I grew up!
The plot is a cop in 2006 gets injured, but he wakes up 33 years ago in 1973 and is struggling to cope with why he's there and the policing methods of way back then. Only when his concious is pricked by the world of 2006 trying to wake him out of a coma does he realise there's something going on and he can't escape that he's stuck in 1973 but tries his best to live with it.
It's a bit like 'Peggy Sue Got Married' but with the British Police...
And I can't fault the makers on the detail - it's spot-on :-)

I love the show... although, I do admit, it's like *I* am the one going back 33 years each week!

"Hey! I know that!!" I say, as I scream my head off pointing at the screen at a location that I was brought up in...

"I know EXACTLY where that was filmed!" is another response, usually with the same amount of finger pointing at the tv and the screaming...

My only thing is... if they've filmed in *all* the locations I've ever lived around.. I'm in danger of running into myself...

But for now, Kudos to Kudos...

:-)