Sunday, January 22, 2006

Links

Ampcast - the end? already??

Ever since yesterday, and I'm not going to put a time on it, Ampcast has been down. The only things that work at present are the hotline and the raido bot (the dawg) but access is denied or witheld for whatever reason across ampcast.com so... assuming that the great ampcast close-down has started, then I suppose for now, what few dj's there are left at ampcast, they can kiss goodbye to their shows... no fanfare, no parties... nothing.
I cannot access anything regarding the radio side to bring a show. I do hope that this is only a temporary thing and that some life will be injected back - just until the end of February, but if this is it...

So, there will not be an Audio Coffee broadcast today (Sunday 22nd January 2006) and even though I could try later, I don't think there's time enough to advertise a show for later anyway.

So, thanks for the run, Ampcast.. it's been good... that is.. if you really have gone.

I'll just have to keep my eye on things and see whats what during the week. In fact, I'm going to send everyone over to the Cotolo Chronicles weblog because he's the one thats going to be (hopefully) interviewing the boss of ampcast on his show on Thursday - links to other ways of listening to one of the many rebroadcasters are available on his weblog as it isn't clear yet whether or not he'll be able to broadcast via ampcast.

Thats all the news there is for now... more here as it happens WHEN it happens...