Sunday, January 01, 2006

Links

Happy 2006!

I think I must've blinked or something... we're now in another fresh year! Either that, or the 35% proof liqueur was really kicking in..
Anyway! Whats going to happen in 2006? WAY TOO MUCH!
You'll just have to learn to bookmark this delightful site and come back and check it on a regular basis as I'll probably be so up to my eyeballs in stuff to be able to stop and chat.
Things that look likely to happen in 2006:
FINALLY! The redevelopment work here that should've started a long time ago. I'll be out there armed with a whole plethora of recording gadgetry collecting and archiving stuff together to eventually, create a masterpiece worthy of possibly putting onto dvd at some point - probably to sell and raise funds for the area in which I live.
I'll also be doing a lot more with radio - because it's one thing I've had a strong fascination for ever since I was a little girl.
I know that at some point, the radio show I host on ampcast will cease to be, but I'll keep the show title because it's so unique. If I had the wherewithall to do something, I'd start my own station on a dedicated server - who knows? in time, maybe that could happen, but I won't speculate! I have other things to think about!
Various courses await me in 2006. I look forward to doing them. In fact, any doable challenge in 2006 is warmly welcomed - helps to pad the ol' CV out a bit, hehehe!
But first up for 2k6 is Jury Service and my birthday - and yes, both at the same time, which sux a bit, but... I've got this thing about not doing the same thing twice and in the past, my impressive record of celebrating my birthday doing unusual things or being in strange places remains largely unchanged.
But anyway, back to putting the nose back to the grindstone - 2k6 is going to be exhausting and full. A far cry from 2005, where it quite literally was 'the year of the injured knee'. Ok, thats still an ongoing thing, but.. thankfully, it's slowly healing.
I'm making the most of this holiday weekend. From Tuesday onwards, fun and frolicks ensue and who knows, by this time next year, I can finally sit down and put my feet up and relax a bit :-)

[edited 4th Jan 2006]
Since writing this, it now seems as though I won't be doing any jury service until the middle of the month - for some reason that completely escapes me, I wasn't notified of a change in the dates. This now means I've got to reshedule some minor things, but as for my birthday tomorrow, I thankfully have nothing to do except enjoy myself and collapse of the exhaustion brought about by the lack of sleep I've recently been experiencing (one hours sleep on Monday night and three the night before).
So, I don't think I'll be drinking much in the way of alcohol because when I'm THIS tired, I'm a little sensitive and prone to moments of lapses of concentration and anything else that may occur (such as putting coffee in the fridge and my purse in the oven)
So, please bear with me for the next 48 hours at least while some sort of recovery process kicks in.