Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Links

The shops here are STILL open for business...

I'm saying this because a very dear shop owner we know is suffering from lack of trade because, the area that has been fenced off in readiness for the redevelopment work, doesn't include the current shops that are there, but people are blind and only see what they want to see - and they don't see that this wonderful establishment is still open for business...
Thing is, our dear friend, Mr Khan, owns possibly the best goddamned fish and chip shop in the area and he's urging people to visit to eat possibly the largest kebabs you're ever likely to get for less than £5 - and I'm not kidding!!!
I swear, a friend of mine bought a kebab from there and I thought he was bringing in a newborn baby - thats HOW BIG THE KEBABS ARE!!!

Of course, you're going to want to know where this fabulous place is, well, I'll tell you...

Taj Mahal
Brinnington Arcade shops,
Brinnington,
Stockport.

He'd love your custom at the moment and you won't get better or friendlier service!


Tuesday, 14th February, 2006.
Having just done a little shopping in town, I called at the post office here to pay some bills - well, I would've done, had someone not decided to destroy the post office with what looks to have been a baseball bat. I only hope and pray that the Post Office staff (who by far are the nicest people you could ever wish to meet) are fine and that they can hold everything together and make a speedy recovery from this rather nasty incident. My thoughts to them at this time. May the police find whoever did this.
Now people have to walk to the other side of this estate to the other post office. It's a fair walk from here too.
Thanks, Mr.Inconsiderate-vandal. I hope someone has as much thought for your home as you do our post office.