Friday, January 27, 2006

Links

Stockport Bus Station... the final frontier, these are the continuing voyages of Patrick Stewart....

... ok, lame headline, but it should attract Star Trek fans in their... ooo... dozens...

Patrick Stewart was in Manchester not so long ago filming a new tv series, well, that series is called '11th Hour' and it's great!
He plays government scientist Ian Hood. Resplendent with vague Bradford accent, he's buggering off around the city to bloody well find people who dabble in things they shouldn't and getting a good ticking off for it.

Now, I don't know if it's me, or if it's got anything at all whatsoever to do with the fact that because the BBC and ITV are reorganising in this region as to why they've had a mad filming spree in Stockport town centre and beyond, but
I know that when I'm watching tv now, I'm almost sensing a huge load of de ja vous on an unprecedented scale.

Life On Mars (see earlier post) is also brilliant.

So, it's not been a bad week. Next week, I'll be watching these programmes to highlight more parts of town I've been through at some point in my life.

Life on Mars: Houldsworth Mill, Reddish
11th Hour: Stockport Bus station, stands L,M, N and P. Urbis, Manchester City centre, behind the Arndale.

To follow up whats been said already, the black and white film 'A Taste of Honey' was filmed in Stockport in the early 1960's at St Marys Church, on the market brew.


To cap off a great week, the healthy living project I went to, was worth the shopping vouchers. And here's to a radio course starting at the beginning of February.
Also, more pictures to come on the redevelopment project here and the construction of the new shops and some possible rants for no reason whatsover.