Sunday, May 21, 2006

Links

All in Place...

It took time, but the necessary files that needed to be moved from the old computer to the new one has been finally done!
Thanks largely to 2 re-writable cds and some patience waiting for the old computer to slowly do what it needed.
So finally, the show can go on... well, ok, it did... sort of... I had it all planned out and everything in place... so I decided to wake up not so perky. So, my dear darling fiancee took over the show while I drank coffee and felt sorry for myself.
That said... there won't be a show next week... because we'll be in Leicester, more specifically, headed for the National Space Centre for a concert, and we'll be staying the night there before being brought back home sometime on Sunday and probably too late to do anything as regards a broadcast of any sort.
But rest assured, things will return to normal the following Sunday.
And YES, before you ask, I will be taking as many pics as I can let myself get with my camera, so no having to guess if I have or not. If they're online, you'll know!!!

I'm also currently back to experimenting with audio and other sounds - now that I have the disk-space that I need (YEEHAAA!!!)
I've also got the Audigy card in my old PC too (A nice straight swap for the 5.1 soundblaster live methinks...) and strangely enough, it's working so much better there than it did when it arrived in the new computer. Not that I'm complaining of course as it makes a change being able to record and do stuff and have it all sound absolutely as it should be.
So, I'll be doing a lot of things over the coming weeks...
More than I can actually sit down and plan.
Whats worse is that I've started to understand the drum machine like it was my bestest ever friend on the whole planet - which of course may mean something or nothing depending on what happens. Instruction manual? nope.. dont have one and the one I do have in .pdf makes about as much sense as I do when I've not had enough coffee in the morning.

Squirrels. Bless our dear darling squirrel, for she showed up today in the rain all wet and soggy and still managed to look drop-dead gorgeous!
She stopped for some nuts on the kitchen windowsill, but I didn't have the heart to grab my camera and take a picture as it didn't seem neither right nor fair. I'll be getting some more nuts in the next couple of days and some batteries for the camera aswell as experimenting with some different camera angles.

All this and preparation for weekend - I'll be too busy to post anything else, unless of course it warrants it, of course.

Next Audio Coffee in a fortnight from today. If you're a new listener, don't be shy about letting me know about you!!! If you're an independant musician - I'd like to hear from you!

Well, thats all there is for now folks!
:-)