Saturday, July 22, 2006

Links

HOLIDAAAAAAAAY!!!

I'll admit it, I havent stopped doing stuff since the last time I went to Hartlepool. So much so that, that time is approaching once again. Two more shows and then a well earned weekend away at my favourite seaside town with of course, my dear darling other half - who comes from there.
Its about as non-tourist as it gets - and thats great with me. I hate places like Blackpool which have become hell-holes full of drunken stag/hen parties all wearing the same teeshirts puking up on the same rides.
No ta!
I like Hartlepool for many reasons - one of them being that you can actually get to sit on the beach and there's room for anyone else without them having the need to trip over you!
The weather here in the UK has been exceptionally hot - a rare thing that we should actually get anything like 'hot' weather at all... we're not used to it! Our railways are buckling, our roads are melting, brickwork absorbs the heat in places where it's hard to get ventilation and it's just too damned hot!
I don't handle the heat very well.. never have done, never will...

At least by the time we get to Hartlepool, it should (please) be not as balmy. Manchester council, in their wisom, are planning on planting tropical plants and trees around the city - er?? scuse me? ecology and all that?!

So anyway, two more shows - this week and next and then a break - and then, on my return, a whole new look for Audio Coffee - which should be good. I'm looking forward to announcing the features in about 2 weeks time.

So, for now, enjoy the shows and don't forget, if you can't listen, I'll be posting links to where the show can be downloaded from on this very weblog!!!