Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Links

Audio Coffee... up a gear...

Yeah sure, Sunday was a real blast. I had more fun than is deemed healthy with the new improved V3 soundboard in full operation (dunno if anyone was able to hear it or not because my listeners didn't provide much in the way of feedback...)

It serves several purposes... it gets my show advertised, it advertises someone elses show ON someone elses show - and shows that behind every single ampcast.com radio presenter, there is generally a whole stack of untapped talent just waiting there. Oh yeah, it also promotes ampcast.com as a whole - if something is good, for heavens sakes, you don't keep quiet about it!

Of course, the majority of the flash stuff I've done will be saved onto cd for not just prosperity, but also serve as part of my electronic CV - so I can go beyond just saying that I can do something... I can whip something out of my pocket and have some solid proof.

It wasn't until I was asked 'How do you do that?' did I realise just how much actually went into making a soundboard. I've got so used to doing them I hardly notice just *what* goes in!
Well, it's a long and lengthy process that a good ear, some sharp editing skills and a decent flash program are the main elements... the rest is down to a wild imagination and hours of time editing and getting the whole thing together, testing in various browsers and ensuring that everything is where it should be doing what it's supposed to be doing.
(I generally test everything in Internet Explorer and Firefox so that nobody has to miss out) Oh yeah, I also try and save what I do in as small a workable format as possible so it doesn't eat bandwidth or slow down browsing be you a dial-up user or a broadband user.
Either way, I have fun doing what I do and thats that.

I'm also considering going network stylee on the show - hooking up to other stations - why? because I feel like it. I feel I've been doing this long enough to expand the show now and spread myself and the show around a bit. Mainly, like I said, because I want to, nothing more.
I think it would be an exciting adventure and one to contemplate seriously.

As for this coming Sunday, I don't know again whats going to happen or anything as yet, it's far too early in the week to be able to give an advance clue, but one thing is for sure, plenty of good good music!!
So, if you're wanting loud on Sundays, forget the rest, Audio Coffee only serves up the *best!*

Give it a go, you might like it.

Audio Coffee..
Sundays only at AMPCAST.COM
http://wwww.ampcast.com/audiocoffee