Thursday, August 18, 2005

Links

Pre-birthday show Birthday show

Hardly seems like it's been a year since Audio Coffee first went out... plans are being made as we speak, promos are being cleverly put together and.. this cold.. this rotten stinking cold is easing *a little*.

Finally managed to bag myself a 6-in-1 card reader for the assortment of media cards here, sd, multimedia, compactflash... one doesn't intentionally collect those cards, it just happens! Still, they're tiny enough to be slightly less of a distraction than the eternal hdd system I was thinking of getting but didn't because I'd probably end up tripping up over it or something. Now, I can put away (for now anyhow) the 4mb alternative I'd been using since... er.. well, for too long!!
On one of the cards are some photographs I havent seen yet. These were taken on my really old camera, so old, XP won't entertain the drivers in any way shape or form, so, thats going to be good finally being able to see the fruits of my labour after 12 months of photography on a camera where the largest pic is now regarded as being really very poor indeed (but ideal for working in flash).
Ah yes, the card reader is going to be the best thing to happen to my computer for some considerable time.

I've also taken to playing with Linux (knoppix) a little. No real reason why, just am. I guess my curious side got the better of me. Normally I shy away from a lot of Operating Systems away from Windows, but yes, I think I could get to like Linux for some odd reason. I'd have to put it onto a formatted hdd on a fairly oldish computer to see if I like it more. Currently, everything is operated from cd after booting the pc up to cd. Committing Linux to hdd at some point would mean that it would run a heck of a lot smoother for starters.
It runs fairly smoothly on my 5 year old PC, but I suppose, like I said, it would run 100 times better off a hdd somewhere.
I could dual boot off my pc, but.. I only have a 20gb hdd and it soon gets full and it wouldn't be fair on either OS.

Ah yes, Sundays show... hmm... well... I think you're all going to have to wait and see what happens. I like to surprise people, including myself!
Lets hope the throat holds out and the main body of this cold just ups and quietly leaves! That said, I always seem to develop a bad chest after a cold, so don't hold your breath because I for one can't hold mine!!

If you're wanting to broadcast this show of mine at all, don't hesistate in doing so, just leave a message on this post (you MUST now log in to leave messages, thanks to some moronic spammer) stating who you are, where you are and what time you're rebroadcasting.
(Isn't it lucky I have all my archives from the last 12 months up on my ampcast page?)
Right, enough said! See you all for Sundays show.

Ah yeah.. I'll be offering whats left of this cold as a prize on the show this week.